Saturday, August 23, 2014

Jason's Turn


It is true that it took me awhile to come around to the idea of adoption being right for our family as the lovely other "I" in our "we" stated in her last post. I must say it is still a little scary saying yes to adopting a little girl into my happy little world of a wife and four sons. I feel like we have the raising sons gig down pretty well at this point. What am I to do with someone that requires a pink room and more than one pair of sneakers and a pair of boots?  I have been informed that each outfit being worn will require it's own footwear.

Oh, wait. What's that? The agency called? What are you saying honey? Are you crying? Is something wrong? I can't understand you. You sound like Porky Pig. Ahbadeebuhdeedubedee, there is two what? Two girls? For us? Wait, this is like when you drove to work to tell me you were pregnant with Jared and I fell down in the parking lot. My mind is racing. More money. More responsibility. More worry. More shoes. More....I'm falling.....parking..lot..is..hot.

More Family....

More love. More hugs. More good nights and good mornings. More. Better. Sisters. Friends. Thanks, Lord. Two for one. Attention adopters, blue light special in Province 2. Yes, Lord. What's that? Get up? Okay. Yes, I know you are helping us. I haven't forgotten what I have seen you do so far. A girl needs a sister? Looks like you worked it where they have had each other from the start. Okay, we will keep it that way. Thanks for knowing what is best when I don't have a clue.

Sometimes it takes being close to someone and seeing what is important to their heart to make you realize it is important to your heart, too. I probably would never have been part of an adoption if it were not the desire of my wife's heart. Her thoughts are so much deeper than mine. I am fortunate to be on this journey with my best friend, Melissa. I could not bear the thought of coming to the end of our life together only to realize I had deprived her of a desire of her heart. She prayed and God opened my eyes and my heart to adoption.

Well, time to sign off the blog. Got to go make room for shoes.

To quote Cledus "Snowman" Snow from Smokey and the Bandit," We're east bound and down, loaded up and truckin'. We're gonna do what they say can't be done."

Far East bound, that is.

Jason











No comments:

Post a Comment